7.27.2010

Food/Supplement Idea of The Week

Now, you know from reading my posts, that I am slowly transitioning into a new diet. You can't just go from eating out three times a week to vegetables for dinner right?! Well I can't, haha... those of you who have are awesome! I am a firm believer though that those crash diets don't work. I believe that if you just take out EVERYTHING you know and love to eat, it won't work in the long run. My mom was on Lindora for approximately 6 months. That diet was ridiculous and very unhealthy, in my opinion! I'm going to give you a little bit of my educated information on healthy eating. YOU NEED CARBS! Yes, I said it. Those low carb diets are not only unhealthy, but studies have shown that those who were on low carb diets end up going back to their old eating habits and gain all of their weight back, plus more. The important thing is to maintain a balance in your diet. This is how you should balance your caloric intake:

Carbohydrates: 45%
Fat: 20%
Protein: 35%

I also believe that you should be allowed a cheat day or days in the beginning. I have a cheat day! I make my cheat day Sunday. I choose that day because it's the day I know I will be hanging out with family and not wanting to think about my caloric intake. This is wonderful for me. I still don't binge eat, but I don't worry so much about my carbs, fat, or calories. This keeps me happy, and keeps me on point the rest of the 7 days out of the week. I don't get super bad cravings for things and I can maintain my diet. Do you have any diet or supplement ideas?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree on the crash diets not working I have tried a few and never got any lasting significant results!!!!
For me Weight Watchers has worked because it has taught me how to eat what I love to eat only healthier!
I do not do a cheat day for a whole day I do a treat once a week. like last week I let myself have a gluten free cupcake from the bakery. It helps me get through all the dieting and working out if I know I have a treat somewhere lol
Keep up the good work

Post a Comment

Pages