7.27.2010

Week 2: Weigh in and Motivation

Sunday was weigh in! You would think all those days I worked my ass off I would get some damn results, but... no. Still the same weight! I could not believe my eyes! But then I had to stop and think about something. I am gaining lean muscle, and it's true that muscle weighs more than fat, so I didn't freak out. Then, my workout partner and boyfriend weighed himself and he lost a whopping 6lbs! 6lbs in 7 days?! Come on man, that was really depressing. So I thought back on how things went: Did I eat too poorly? Did I take in too many calories? Did I binge eat? Did I push myself hard enough? And all of my answers passed with flying colors. I know that I'm doing my best, so why nothing? Well B (my workout partner) told me, you look slimmer. Your back is smaller, your belly has less rolls, it's working! So I looked in the mirror and lo and behold, it was true! Now I've been doing some research online, reading stories, watching videos, and most have said that the first week, people usually gain weight! So the measurements are what are more accurate. I've been getting suggestions to measure myself, and I know I've said before that I would, so finally today I did! According to Beach Body, you should measure your arms, chest, waist, hips, and legs. So I did. Now, I am pretty sure I dropped a little bit in measurement since last week, so this may not be super accurate, but it's as accurate as it's going to get. Here are my measurements:

Arms:
Left: 12" Right: 12"
Chest: 42.5"
Waist: 41"
Hips: 44"
Legs:
Left: 25" Right: 26"

I am hoping I can drop my waist approximately 2 inches by the end of the ninety days... better yet, let's set that as my goal. My goal is to lose 2 inches by the end of the ninety day program. I hope I lose more, but I am setting a reasonable goal for myself. After all, it took me five years to grow that much, so I'm not going to expect a miracle in 90 days. And, that brings me to my next topic.

Motivation. What motivates you? Is it an extrinsic or intrinsic motivator? Is the motivator constant or does it change daily? Does the motivator give you ENOUGH motivation? I have tons of motivators, but my main motivator is living a long and healthy life. I want to be able to run around with my kids when they are playing or are in sports. I don't want to embarrass them when they are older and have an unhealthy, fat, mom. I want to be able to watch them grow and go through the transitions of graduation, college, marriage, babies, etc. I want to be able to do things for myself when I get older and not depend on a wheel chair, or a walker, or my children! I want to be able to travel and be independent until the day I die. Every day that I wake up tired and beat up emotionally, I remind myself of my ultimate goal. See, I believe our problem is that we think about the here and now; well this tastes good, and you only live ONCE! Well, it's only one burger, etc. etc. Well, when you get blood test results that says you have high cholesterol, hypertension, and/or diabetes, you will be wondering how?! And it's because you didn't think about your future, you thought about the here and now. I really hope things are going well for you all, and I hope you learn from my journey. Please share yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages